Are you a Glo user, and someone hacked your Glo line by sharing your data? Or, whenever you subscribe, your data usually gets exhausted within a few days rather than a month, and you later realize someone else is sharing your data with you, or you are tired of sharing your data with friends, siblings, or family, or you accidentally shared your data with an unknown number.
If you fall into any of these categories or beyond, this post is for you. At the end of this post, you will know how to stop sharing data on Glo Network.
Let’s get started.
What is sharing data
Sharing data as it’s reflected in the sentence means you are allowing two to three or even more to use your data.
This is kind of similar to hotspot, but the only difference is that sharing of data can be used anywhere, anytime as long as the subscriber has data, while hotspot can only be used within its specific area.
What is Unshare Glo Data
This means you want to remove someone who is already benefiting from the data subscription, perhaps due to the usage or because you don’t have the capacity again.
How to know if someone is sharing data
There is a specific code to know who is sharing your glo data.
- Simply enter *127* 00#.
- The pop-up message will display immediately after it finishes loading.
- The pop-up will display the GLO number you are sharing your data with. It could be more than one number.
- The next step is to copy and paste the number somewhere on your phone and then proceed to unshare it.
Read also: How to use MTN pulse points
How to Unshare Data on Glo
There are two methods to unshare data on the Glo Network. Both methods are simple and straightforward. All it requires is a Ussd code. The two steps are explained further below.
- Open the dial app on your phone.
- Dial *777#
- Choose the “Data” option from the listed options.
- Next is to choose the “shared data plan.”
- Two options will pop up, which are “Share and Unshare.”
- Select the unshare to initiate the action.
- Enter the number you have figured out sharing your data with you using the steps aforementioned.
- Click OK. You have just successfully unshared the number.
Read also: How to Check Glo Data Balance
Code to Unshare Data on Glo
While the steps above might look quite stressful, this one is straightforward.
- Open the dial application
- Then dial *127*02* the shared phone number*.
With this, you have succeeded in unsharing your data.
How to Unshare Data via SMS
If you don’t want to use the Ussd code, you can as well stop sharing data with thirty parties via text message. It is reliable, likewise the Ussd code.
For example, to inform Glo internet reboot via 127 to help you remove the shared number. How to do this,
- Open the SMS app on your phone.
- Type “REMOVE (THE PHONE NUMBER)”. For example, “REMOVE 07023322332”
- To 127
- You will be notified via SMS if it is successful.
How to Unshare Yourself from Someone’s Glo Data Subscription
This is not possible. The only way you can unshare yourself is to get the subscriber’s Glo SIM, then follow any of the steps explained above. This means you cannot use another Glo line to unshare yourself unless with the original subscriber.
How do I prevent someone from sharing my data?
It is kind of difficult to carry out this task, especially if you are the type of person whose phone is always unlocked. Nevertheless, you can still prevent your data from being shared even while your phone is unlocked.
I’ll recommend two ways to do that, so choose whichever one is convenient for you to use.
Read also: How to share Data on Airtel using Ussd code
How to prevent sharing Data on Glo
The first way is to monitor your data usage. You may even decide to set the amount of data usage per day on your phone.
This will also help you to limit your time spent on social media sites that consume data.
The second way is to check your Glo line regularly in case someone has connected his Glo line to yours so that once you subscribe, he/she can enjoy free data.
How to Unshare Data on Glo Without Knowing the Number
It’s simple just few steps required, Reladex has you covered; simply follow the instructions below and you’ll be fine.
- Ensure you are connected to the internet.
- In your browser, go to the Glo website. Click here
- Sign in with your details or create an account if you have not.
- Navigate to the menu, usually the three dots at the top right corner.
- Select an account From the display option,
- click “share data.”
- A full list of contacts sharing your data with you will be displayed.
- To remove or cancel them, tap the symbol (X) on the contact you are willing to remove.
Read also: How to subscribe to Glo night plan
Frequently asked questions
Q. How do I know who is sharing my Glo data?
- Ans. Dial *127*00#
Q. What is the code to unshare Glo Data?
- Ans. It has been justified in the article already. But on a side note, dial *127*02*shared number*. For example, *127*02*08011881188#
Q. How to stop sharing data on Glo
- Ans. Dial *777#, select data, select share data and follow the instructions or follow the steps explained above.